02 January 2015

Follow Friday: Facebook Groups

 
There are so many more immediate resources today than when I started tracing family histories. One of those resources is Facebook. There are so many groups of family historians, genealogists, and history buffs out there. Obviously one cannot – and should not – belong to all of them. So today, I have picked my Top 10 groups that I follow on Facebook and I encourage you to check them out. Also, if you have a suggestion, please do so by adding a comment to the site here after the article.

 
Top 10 Groups:
These are groups (in alpha order) that I check daily.
  1. Ancestry.com – five administrators with 23,773 members
  2. Genchat friends – two administrators with 74 members
  3. GeneaBloggers – one administrator with 523 members
  4. Genealogy Bloggers – five administrators and 1,928 members
  5. Lancaster County – two administrators with 612 members
  6. Pennsylvania Genealogy Network – four administrators with 5,040 members
  7. Philadelphia PA Genealogy – four administrators with 857 members
  8. Polish Genealogy – six administrators with 4,621 members
  9. Social Media for Genealogy – one administrator with 1,509 members
  10. The Organized Genealogist – five administrators with 16,296 members
I would also like to suggest two others. One is a group I manage – Eckman Family Page. And one is my Genealogical Gems (a page not a group) on Facebook.
 
Again, if you have a suggestion, please do so by adding a comment to the site here after the article.

 


Follow Friday is a genealogy prompt of GeneaBloggers.
 

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2015
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.