21 January 2015

On This Day: Kiwanis celebrates 100 years

 
Kiwanis International is celebrating 100 years today. The international organization was founded On This Day in 1915 in Detroit. While its original focus was business networking, the focus shifted in 1919 to service.

Women were invited to join in 1987. The college age branch is known as Circle K International. The high school group of called Key Club. 

 

On This Day is a prompt I started this month to further explore historical events. I will make every effort to keep events localized to that of my research or research I am conducting for others. However, from time to time, it will simply be a subject that captured my attention. Some posts will be brief while others may be more detailed.                

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2015
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.