19 January 2015

On This Day: Snow in Miami

Yesterday here in Pennsylvania and the Northeast in general, the ice was fatal. It is however winter and therefore to be expected. Not every place in our nation often sees snow and ice. Miami for example saw snow for the first time On This Day in 1977. The National Weather Service called it a trace, at best. For many though it was the first time they had ever seen snow.

 

On This Day is a prompt I started this month to further explore historical events. I will make every effort to keep events localized to that of my research or research I am conducting for others. However, from time to time, it will simply be a subject that captured my attention.

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2015
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.