17 March 2015

Tombstone Tuesday: My Still Grandparents

 
My mom’s parents were both of Irish descent so naturally today – St Patrick’s Day – it just seemed like a no-brainer to feature them.

My grandfather was Lloyd Pierson Still (1914 – 1993). His mother Mary Kilpatrick immigrated, with her siblings.  

Mary Rose Welsh (1911 – 1989) was my grandmother. She was about as tall as a leprechaun herself! She was so proud of her Irish heritage. All four of her grandparents came directly from Ireland. Her paternal grandfather, Michael Walsh, is said to have been born in Dublin. His wife, Anna Keating, was from County Mayo, according to my grandmother. Her maternal grandparents were Dennis O’Flaherty and Martha Dukrin. Martha is believed to have also come from County Mayo,  

My grandparents were laid to rest together at St. Patrick’s Roman Catholic Cemetery in Kennett Square, Chester County. 
 
 

Tombstone Tuesday is a genealogical prompt of GeneaBloggers. 
© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2015
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.