I have several old photos that have sadly started wearing away at the edges and are so frail that I am scared to pick them up. In searching for a qualified inexpensive place to restore and preserve my photos, I stumbled upon iMemories. While iMemoriesdoes not restore photos, they do preseve them. They will make DVDs or CDs from your originals, which they return to you. Going forward, I will definitly take care to preserve photos for my girls and their (someday - but not soon at all please) children!
Amy Johnson Crow, of No Story Too Small , has challenged us this week with tough women. She asked “ Who is a tough, strong woman in your family tree? Or what woman has been tough to research?” My 2x great grandmother Anna Keating Walsh is indeed a tough woman. She is a tough woman to trace and I believe she was a tough woman in her time as well. Anna (everyone past my grandparents get actual names; it is the only way I can keep people straight) was born around 1855 in Ireland . According to my grandmother, she was born in County Mayo . My grandmother had told me that Anna had immigrated with her siblings and that she was the youngest Her parents – Patrick and Knapy Penelope Keating - had stayed behind and she settled in Ringtown which is just a stone’s throw from Shenandoah (assuming of course you can throw a bit)! She married Michael Walsh and the lived in Shenandoah. The 1910 Census stated Anna had 11 children, with only six living in 1910. I would...
Comments
Post a Comment