Maiden names are not always the easiest to determine. We all have the one stubborn woman who married into the family and was simply always referred to as Mrs. So and So. Here are some suggestions to help find her maiden name and that next branch:
- Marriage certificate and/or license application.
- Social Security application.
- Children's birth and/or death certificates.
- Obituary - perhaps a father or brothers are listed.
- Church records.
- Engagement and marriage announcement.
- Census records - often neighbors were related.