04 September 2014

Throwback Thursday: My grandparents at Coney Island

 
This photo is in a hodgepodge of photos in an album from my grandmother (Baba - Anna Kurenda Ruczhak - is the lady on the far right). It is one of those postcard photo cards, which in this case does not help me date the photo. My grandfather ( Joseph Ruczhak) is the one standing.
 
Years ago, before my grandparents both passed, we had gone through and tried to identify people in the album. A note I wrote identifies the man at the far right is Uncle Paul. The man second in from the left is my Uncle Nick - no note but he looks the same in all his photos. I have one of him in his 70s maybe and he still is just as handsome! Uncle Nick and Uncle Paul are both my grandfather's brothers.
 
I am not sure who the woman on the far left is. The other woman - the one in the middle - looks a lot like other photos of Baba's sister Helen. I cannot confirm this yet though and I have no clue who the man is between her and Baba.
 
One problem with her album, and the reason I call it a hodgepodge, is that the photos are randomly inserted and include both families. This indicates it was put together after instead of as it was happening.

Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.