Sunday, 28 December
- M. Virginia Acre Garris passed 5 years ago in 2009. The wife of Charles S. Garris, she was 90 years old when she passed. Their grandson Kevin married my first cousin Beth Ann Still.
- Charles Joseph Buckley turns 12 today! His great grandfather, Raymond Welsh, was one of my grandmother’s brothers.
Wednesday, 31 December
- Mattie L. Kittinger Eckman passed 25 years ago at the age of 87. She was married to Charles D. Eckman, son of Darius J. and Ella M. Doner Eckman. Darius was brother to hubby’s great grandfather, Charles Eckman.
- John Lawrence Schlichter turns 51. John is, according to FTM, my 2nd cousin but sadly I do not recall ever having met him. His grandfather is Raymond Welsh, brother to my grandmother.
Thursday, 1 January
- Robert Merle Longnecker turns 63 today. His 3x great grandfather, George Van Horn, is my 4x great grandfather!
- Patrick Joseph Morris, my second cousin, turns 46. His grandfather is Raymond Welsh, brother to my grandmother.
- John Petro passed 26 years ago. John’s sister Ann married my grandfather’s brother, Nick Ruczhak.
Saturday, 3 January
- Rebecca L. Bing Harvey passed 94 years ago today. Her grandparents, Robert and Sarah McWilliams Bing, are my 4x great grandparents.
- Rosalia Wasyikow Romanko passed 78 years ago today. Sadly, I know little of my aunt. Her husband, Onifer Romanko, was my 2x great grandmother’s brother.
- John Williams passed 89 years ago today. He was just 45 at the time. John was married to Margaret Mary Walsh, my 2x great aunt. I knew their daughter, my “Aunt” Peg.
As you can see, some family will be direct, some will be distant, and some will be … well, extended!
© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2014
My Family Calendar is a weekly post I plan to upload each Sunday.
It will cover any major family events that occurred during that particular week.