15 January 2015

Wordless Wednesday: BEEDRA KARTE

Certificate card No 61, Alexander voluntary firemen society, Riga. This membership card was issued 1923 to active members. The membership fee was 50 rubles. 

Riga is the capital of Latvia and currently the largest city. It was founded in 1201. As like many European countries it has been affiliated with many governments over the years. In 1923, when this card was issued, Latvia enjoyed its own Republic of Latvia (1918 – 1940).  
 

Notes:
1st - A contact of Facebook (Slavs Group) helped translate this document which is written in old Latvian.

2nd – I apologize for mixing up my days. The girls are on exam week so my schedule is off! Yesterday (Wednesday) I posted Those Places Thursday and so today I am posting this Wordless Wednesday post. I apologize for any confusion. 
 
 
Wordless Wednesday is a genealogical prompt of GeneaBloggers.
© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.