06 February 2015

Follow Friday: New blog among those that caught my eye



Irish Mason Musings and Meanderings is a new blog, just started last Friday, that caught my attention this week. Irish mentioned her blog while in #genchat last week so I took a look. You can check it out at http://irishmasonmusingsandmeanderings.blogspot.com/.  

Blog posts worth reading:

Cindy Freed’s Genealogy Circle featured “Civil War Saturday – Medical Cards” last Saturday. The post offered a great resource for anyone tracing their Civil War ancestor. Your ancestor’s medical cards are not part of his pension file so this is a separate resource.  

I thought the documentation shown in  52 Ancestors: #5 The MEDER-FABER Family of Diekirch 1846-1954 is great! Cathy Meder-Dempsy does a great job with her blog “Opening Doors in Brick Walls.” 

My New Follows at Twitter:


  • Cindy Freed tweets at @GenealogyCircle. She is mentioned above as well.
  • @PhillyHistory tweets old photos and maps of the Philadelphia area
  • @BudweiserPuppy has nothing to do with genealogy or history but he’s just so darn cute, how could I not like him!

Genealogy Facebook Pages I've "Liked":


Follow Me


Helpful websites

  • Index to Old Occupations. This is a very helpful site. Earlier this week I came across someone whose occupation was listed as a Traveller. It seemed obvious but I Googled “occupation traveler” and it is someone who is a gypsy or traveling salesperson.
  • Ancestry.com is an awesome resource. This weekend – today through 8 February – there is free access to Ancestry's UK records.



 

Follow Friday is a genealogical prompt of GeneaBloggers.
                

© Jeanne Ruczhak-Eckman, 2015
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.