09 July 2015

Confederate Flag to be removed from history

There has been a lot of debate lately about the Confederate Flag. The flag is a part of our nation's history. History is not always roses and sunshine and I think people have forgotten that point in pushing through their own agendas and prejudices.



South Carolina lawmakers are trying - and succeeding it seems - to push through legislation that would bring down the Confederate Flag. Yesterday I heard a news bit that stated the flag would now be pulled from the graves of Confederate soldiers.



Admittedly, I am a white girl from the North. Perhaps if I were black, I may have a different opinion. Perhaps, if I were from the South or had ancestors who fought for the Confederacy, I might have a different opinion.

What scares me the most ... is how easy it seems it is to simply erase the history that we are ashamed of or insulted by. I would LOVE to hear YOUR opinions on the subject.  (leave a comment below).
Locations listed are located in Pennsylvania (USA), unless otherwise noted in post.